Mission and Vision
Enlightening our minds
We are learning to SUCCEED at SAM HOUSTON
“Our commitment to preparing our students academically, socially, and technologically will drive our daily decisions to ensure that each student will achieve lifelong success “
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Teamwork and positive relationships between students, parents, teacher, and the community are an integral part of every child’s education.
- Teachers should create and design challenging and engaging activities for students that lead, encourage, and motivate them in those activities.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process and have appropriate opportunities for success.
- Instructional decisions are made based on formal and informal assessment analysis.
- Current and emerging technology will be used in adhering to the state curriculum in an engaging, relevant, and individualized manner.
- By promoting good citizenship, stressing obedience, respect, cooperation, and independence we believe our students will develop the character traits necessary to become responsible citizens of our world.
- Students should be challenged in the areas of fine arts and physical education.
- Active involvement by parents and community members enhances the quality of the education students receive.